Saturday, January 31, 2009

By the way, I love your accent...

University students (I think) are seriously some of the coolest and most interesting people you can meet, no matter where in the world you are. They all have their own stories from their past, most are in super-smart thinking mode, and they live more in the moment more than anyone other people group I know. Dave and I met a student yesterday from Spain and he was quite the character. Spaniards of course are quite different than the average German, but this one was to the extreme. I seriously don't know if I've met a happier person in all my life. As we approached him in the TU cafeteria, he had the biggest brightest eyes and a huge smile. He invited us to sit down and we chatted for quite a while. As he talked about his thoughts on the differences between Spanish, German and Americans cultures as well as his thoughts on spiritual things, out of nowhere, he pipes up and says to me, "By the way, I love your accent". I could hardly control my laughter.

The TU outreach we had on Thursday night went really well. About 80 people attended and we obtained a few contacts of students who are interested in learning more about the TU Christian groups or starting a discussion group about faith and science - really cool. Please pray for the students who heard the talk and that we'll have wisdom on figuring out what to do with this potential discussion group. Thanks!

No comments: