Thursday, April 8, 2010

Alle Schöpfung beugt sich vor Dir, dem König

Spring in Berlin is so great. The sun's out, the temperature is warm and even the people are friendlier. I bought myself a new orchid (I had been denying for the months that the one I bought in the fall was going to come back to life). It's picture to the right. I'm so determined to keep this one alive. :)

Last Thurs., I went to a German Maundy Thursday service, which was really cool, because I got to see a lot of German tradition mixed with remembering the Last Supper and Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. There's this one ritual where you take nails on a table and place them on the ground. It seems so simple, but it has quite a complex and deep meaning for the German Christians. I had a German try to explain it to me and he started to, but then realized it was too complicated to tell me in English. So I don't quite understand it, but I think it's cool anyway. I had a birthday/Easter combo this year and it was a nice, relaxing day.

The new semester finally starts this Mon. After a month of being more out of country than in country (seriously, I counted the days: 17 in Germany, 14 somewhere else in Europe), I'm very glad to be starting up some sort of routine again. I'm especially excited to see my students that I meet up with regularly. I've been praying hard for them over this semester break and I'm looking forward to see how God has been working in their lives. Please join me in praying that God would do big things this (my final!) semester in Berlin.

No comments: