Saturday, June 13, 2009

How is it June 13th already? Seriously...

This year has felt like it's gone by so fast, but I feel like these past few weeks have been the fastest of all. It's been a major time of transition as Dan, Krista and Avery have already left, the Sfura's and Jon leave tomorrow and Bryce, Amanda, Katie and I leave in just a couple short weeks. There are so many details to cover and things to wrap up while at the same time dealing with saying goodbye. Imagine spending almost all of your time with the same people for 9 months and then all of sudden, they're gone. So weird.

Anyway, I got the most precious phone call from a Christian student yesterday while I was on campus. I had texted her telling her that I was leaving to go home for the summer soon and that I would love to see her and her non-Christian friend (I had met with them a few times previously) before I left. So she calls me and hurridly asks me (and she doesn't speak English, mind you) when I was leaving and asks if we can met up next week. I love this girl. She so desires that her friend will come to know God personally and it is such an indescribable feeling when she asks me to help her. And this is my job? Seriously...

Of course, there's never a time I don't need prayer, but I feel like it's especially important right now. There's so much to do and I'm starting to feel stressed and a bit overwhelmed. Also, I need much prayer as I'm re-raising my financial support. There's a lot I need to trust God for right now and it isn't always easy, especially when you can't see how it's all going to come together. I'm clinging to this verse right now:

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." - Luke 12:27

Why do I worry? Won't my God whose taken care of me this far continue to keep his promises to me?

No comments: