Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Party

So the Thanksgiving Party yesterday was just so fabulous that I had to let you all know right away. Including the STINT team, there was about 50 people there! That's about 35 students! And it was really a blast. I think the German students really enjoyed it - even the cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie, which they thought was so bizarre. But many of them brought store-bought or homemade German desserts so it was a wonderful blend of German and American food. And it was just really awesome to have the friends I have made so far meet each other and also meet other students from other universities. It was really special and definitely evidence that God is doing a lot this year in Berlin. But I know I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that we're all running on very little sleep and are physically and relationally exhausted from the party (think of 7 solid hours of conversing and being social - enough to make the biggest extrovert tired). Not to mention all the setting up, cooking and cleaning up that it took to accomplish the party. So please pray just for some good rest for us this week. Also, our second Fire-Abend is on Thursday - please pray it will be just as successful (if not more) as last month's. Danke sehr!

No comments: