Tuesday, November 4, 2008

S-Club

Our first life topics discussion (aka Kurz Film & Keks) was last Thursday and was definitely a success. We had 7 students come out and had a really good discussion about "justice". I was able to meet up with a girl from the TU who came to K&K which was really cool. I have really loved being able to meet up with interested students one-on-one. I've had a few opportunities to really share with a few girls, which is just awesome.

On a random note, I met 4 people from PA on Sunday. I met the pastor of the church I'm going to start going to (Berlin International Church) and he's from York, PA. In fact, the mother church that planted BIC is in York. Then a girl sitting in front of me was also from York. And that day, the mother church's pastor and his wife were visiting so I met them also. Pretty cool.

Slightly funny cultural experience moment: Emily, Bryce and I went to a military music festival, which was pretty awesome, because it's about as close to marching bands Europe gets. So we get there and after only a moment's hesitation end up buying scalped tickets. Ha! And then on the way in, they were checking our bags. So the woman checking my bag pulls out my Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer and asks "Was ist das?" in absolute bewilderment. I swallowed down a laugh as I quickly racked my brain for what "sanitizer" could possibly be in German and only ended up saying "Hand?" It was pretty priceless.

This this week is our first "Fire-Abend", which right now is our monthly meeting which has a similar goal of Cru's weekly meetings back in the states. Please pray lots of students will come! Thanks!

1 comment:

diane said...

Hi Erin, I saw your mom this morning and she reminded me about your blog. It's been a busy day but i finally got a chance to check it out. Sounds like you are having an awesome experience. How cool to be in Germany and meet people from York,it is indeed a small world. I'll be praying for you! Have a good week! diane shultz