Saturday, April 18, 2009

Not Always Rainbows and Butterflys

We just finished up with the first week of classes of this new semester. And honestly, it's been a good, but tough week. At the TU, we are planning a outreach in the beginning of May so we're in the midst of figuring out details for that (which has been bit stressful) and this past Thursday we passed out flyers that had our website and schedule of events for the semester. This has never been one of my favorite things to do, but what made it worse that day was a student who took the flyer, looked at it, came back to me and told me it was an insult to have a group like ours at the university. As I slowly processed the German he turned around and walked away. I guess I'll never know exactly what he meant or if he even understood what our group or Christianity is all about, but I know it didn't give me a good feeling.

Thankfully happenings like this are the exception and don't define what is happening here in Berlin. In fact, last night we had a big party in our apartments to kick off the semster. Many students came and I was able to have good conversations with some of my friends I had met last semester. Very cool. Also, the amazingly beautiful weather makes all the difference in the world when we go sharing on campus. Students lay about everywhere in the TU courtyard and they're more open, friendly and willing to talk. We've already had some good conversations this week.

Please pray that God will really open up students' hearts this semester. I'm realizing more and more how in our own efforts, we can do absolutely nothing, but with God, anything is possible. :)

No comments: