Monday, May 17, 2010

Trucking along...

Time is just flying by faster and faster. I'm amazed it's the middle of May already! Let me quick update you on the cool things God has been doing:

Fire-Abend: Our first attempt at a new style of this city-wide student meeting (every other week) went splendidly last week. The topic was the question of an absolute moral truth - heavy stuff. Amanda gave us a nice intro to the topic with various thoughts and ideas, plus a little blurb about how this topic has affected her life. We then broke into small groups to discuss. We had 11 students come. Not huge, but not small, and we praise God for who He brought and some good conversation and hang out time with some wonderful students. I'm continually amazed by their willing hearts and desire to know Jesus better and better.

Purdue May trip: Last Thurs., 10 students and 3 staff arrived in Berlin for a 3 week 'summer' project, helping us reach German students for Christ. One of them happens to be Emily, one of my teammates from last year, and it's been a joy to have her back in Berlin. For some of these students, it's their first time out of the US. I am so impressed with how they're relying on God for courage and strength to talk to students about spiritual things. Today, we went to talk to students at the FU and I was so pleased to hear about our American students' exciting conversations with German students who wanted to know more about God. The conversations I had as I went sharing with one of the Purdue students were really good. One student we talked to even said, "You've inspired me to think about this more." So great.

It's so true to remember that, after all those hard conversations with students who don't care, think I'm weird or stupid, or have strong beliefs in something else, when you have a conversation with a student who says "Thank you for asking me these questions and making me think about this" or "I've been waiting for someone to talk to me about God", it makes it ALL WORTH IT.

No comments: